Train The Trainer Course
This short in company train the trainer course is for anyone new to a training role or anyone looking to develop their current training skills. By the end of our train the trainer course delegates will: have a managers understanding of training, they will be able to develop a model for curriculum development, they will know about adult learning styles, they will understand the stages of group development, be comfortable designing training programmes, they will have the tools needed to prepare for training delivery, they will appreciate the role of induction, they will be able to handle questions - the benefits, risks and guidelines, they will be able to create a positive learning environment in their organisation.
Our course tutor will help delegates understand their own strengths and weaknesses as trainers. As a result of attending this popular and practical train the trainer course delegates will be capable of maximising the productivity and well being of their staff members. In fact, once people learn the correct training skills, they will automatically use them again and again as they work so well.
All our trainers are professionally qualified with years of experience delivering tailored training for some of Irelands most respected organisations such as SME’S, large multinationals, Government Departments, Charities, County Councils and so on. Protrain courses are tailored to reflect the real world your staff work in so your input is critical to make certain we customise the course to your needs and make this train the trainer course a true success.
Train The Trainer Course Content
Introduction to Training
- What is the role of training?
- What is the role of the trainer?
- Types of participants
Model for Curriculum Development
- Conducting a training needs analysis
- Setting aims and objectives for the course
- Selecting the content and knowing how much to include
- Choosing the right training methods and resources
- Assessment - how to determine the level of learning that has taken place
- Evaluation - how to measure the effectiveness of the course
Adult Learning Styles
- What are the different learning styles?
- How to identify the preferred learning style(s) of the participants
- Which training methods appeal most to each learning style
Stages of Group Development
- Identifying the various stages of group development
- Being prepared for the challenges that can arise at each stage
Designing the Training Programme
- Preparing an overall course outline
- How to plan each training session
Preparing for Training Delivery
- Facilitation skills
- Presentation skills and tips for designing PowerPoint slides
The Role of Induction
How to Handle Questions - Benefits, Risks and Guidelines
Creating a Positive Learning Environment
Train The Trainer Course Duration
This train the trainer course is typically delivered as a two day programme, however, if there are small numbers the course can be delivered as a very intensive one day course.