This In Company Interviewing Skills Course is for Managers, Human Resource Executives or anyone involved in the recruitment process who wants to develop their current interviewing skills. By the end of our interviewing skills course delegates will: Understand the recruitment process, about job descriptions & job specifications, the selection process, behavioural interviewing, the STAR method of interviewing and also the funnel technique for interviewing.
Our qualified interviewing skills course tutor will help delegates attending our course understand their own strengths and weaknesses as interviewers. As a result of attending this Interviewing Skills course delegates will be capable of interviewing professionally and they will be confident in the knowledge that they will be selecting the best candidate for the position and for the organisation. In fact, once people learn how to work with the correct interviewing skills , they will automatically use them again and again as they work so well.
"Protrain are true professionals who build the training you need for your company around your team – this is what they have done on a number of occasions for our team of recruiters. Placing a fine balance between theory, role playing and case presentations the trainer engaged the team in a way that made learning effective and fun. Best feedback we’ve gotten for an external trainer in our 16 years in business".
Cora Barnes MD, Three Q PERMS & TEMPS
All our trainers are professionally qualified with years of experience delivering tailored training for some of Ireland's most respected organisations such as SME’S, large multinationals, Government Departments, Charities, County Councils and so on. Protrain courses are tailored to reflect the real world your staff work in so your input is critical to make certain we customise the course to your needs and make this popular interviewing skills course a true success.
Interviewing skills Course Objectives
At the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand the necessity of choosing the right candidate
- Have a clear plan of the whole recruitment process from clear job descriptions through to post-interview follow-up
Interviewing Skills Course Content
The Recruitment Process
- The Recruitment Process
- Recruitment Methods – Is There Really a Best Method?
- Organisation Factors
- Environmental Factors
- Managerial Roles
Job Descriptions & Job Specifications
- Purpose of the Job Description and Job Specification
- The Person Specification
- The Importance of Accurate Job Descriptions
- The Importance of Valid Job Specifications
- Performance Standards
The Selection Process
- Short-listing/Screening of Applicants
- Methods of Selection
- The Interview
- Why Should We Interview?
- Professionalism in Interviewing
- 7-Point Plan (Rodgers)
- 5-Point Plan (Munro-Fraser)
- Behavioural Interviewing
- The STAR Method Explained: SITUATION, TASK, ACTION, RESULTS
- Examples of Behavioural Questions
- Examples of STAR Answers
- Competencey based Interviews
- What to Expect in a Behavioural Interview
Interviewing Skills – The Funnel Technique Gathering information
- Questioning Techniques in Interviewing and questions to avoid – leading , too much hypothetical; interviewing the company/employer and not the candidate
- The Information Funnel
- A Picture of the Information Funnel
- Gathering and recording evidence
This course is typically delivered as a two day programme, however, if there are small numbers the course can be delivered as a very intensive one day course.